Checking out the Google V8 unstable it's fast

Posted: 8/27/2009 by Floyd in Labels: ,
0

To see the version of chrome you may be using open a tab and type about:version and it will tell you I decided to try out this V8 version and one thing for sure is the thing is very fast and comparing it to my other browsers seems much faster but would imagine to figure the speed correctly many variables have to be took into account and I am not doing that lets just say the websites I frequent seem faster.


My version;
Google Chrome4.0.202.2 (Official Build 23795)
WebKit532.0
V81.3.4
User AgentMozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US) AppleWebKit/532.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.202.2 Safari/532.0


There are probably problems that will arise from this unstable but I am impressed with the speed of it, and if you feel to live somewhat on the edge today go over and download you a spin of this, it has some speed. The deb packages are on the page down toward the bottom for the 32bit or 64bit systems.

To remove it simply open a terminal and type this;
sudo apt-get remove google-chrome-unstable

And with that it should ask y or n, just push y for yes and it is gone.

0 comments: