Make windows show in bottom panel of Gnome

Posted: 7/31/2009 by Floyd in Labels:
0

After installing Cairo-dock I deleted my top panel in Gnome and wiped out just about everything in the bottom panel and then I noticed that Firefox or any other window I opened did not appear on the panel, I found a quick fix for this over at Only Ubuntu Linux. A Google search put me onto this and it worked like a charm got my windows appearing again on the panel so I know what I have open. C/P from Only Ubuntu Linux;

First open up a terminal window: Applications > Accessories > Terminal

Enter the following command

killall gnome-panel

If there was an applet blocking your windows list that should have resolved the problem. If not read on.

Now Right click on the bottom panel and click "Add to Panel"

Scroll down to the bottom and click "Window List" then click add and click close.

Your windows should appear now.

0 comments: