Lori Schneider scales Everest despite MS

Posted: 7/11/2009 by Floyd in Labels:
6

She first had dreamed of climbing Everest at the age of 16 but a diagnosis in 1999 seemed to put a damper on her dream,

Ms Schneider first noticed something was wrong when she woke up one morning with numbness in the leg and arm on one side of her body.

Lori Schneider on Everest
I think the real hardship on Everest is maintaining a positive attitude for two months
Lori Schneider

The condition progressed to the side of her face, and eventually both sides of her body.

Three years ago Lori bested the highest peak in North America Mt. McKinley. The financial burden was high though to climb Everest she used up all her savings sold her home and took out a loan, Lori said the hardship of climbing Everest was maintaining a positive attitude for 2 months.

In achieving her goal, she has joined some of the world's most accomplished climbers and bested many others.

"It was very surreal, you couldn't see anything [because of the blizzard], so I couldn't see the beauty that surrounded me."

"We had to rush down so fast, but I did get a chance to give my father a call and yell: 'I made it, I made it'."

"It wasn't until the next morning when I woke up in my tent after climbing for 17 hours the day before, and then all of the sudden I thought: 'Oh my gosh, I just climbed Mt Everest yesterday!'."

I really enjoyed reading Lori's story because despite a bad diagnosis she has accomplised her dream of ascending Everest good job Lori.

Read the whole story

6 comments:

  1. CT says:

    Hi,
    I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. Great post, concise and easy to understand. I like this post..
    I found out that this blog is very interesting and informative.
    Best of luck to you!

    Cheers,
    Improve Golf Swing
    Top Fishing Games
    Top Honeymoon Vacation
    Pearl Necklaces

  1. Floyd says:

    Thanks CT, glad you like it feel free to keep reading and comment I will check out the links to your spots, have a great day.

  1. What an inspirational story.

  1. Floyd says:

    Thanks for reading David, she inspires me. She went through with so much but finally realized her dream, she is an amazing woman.

  1. Gran says:

    What a wonderful post! Lori is truly an inspiration for us all!

  1. Floyd says:

    Hello gran, glad you dropped by. Lori truly is an inspiration to us all gran that was well said, she went through a lot of trials but managed to realize her dream.