Reset Firefox back to default settings

Posted: 6/18/2009 by Floyd in Labels:
3

This article helped me to reset Firefox back to the default settings without a re-install, if you are like me and ever messed with the about:config editor on Firefox then you know where I am coming from. This article worked for me but when reading the comments I see that some had problems with it working for them, if you open a run window and type in firefox -safe-mode, then a window will open where you can choose the default settings I chose the default settings and clicked make changes and restart and it worked perfect for me, here is an excerpt to the article and the link;

I have been asked in comments to other articles, but also in person, whether it is possible to restore Firefox default settings: if you have tweaked your about:config page to speed your browser up, or simply installed an add-on that messed up your configuration, Firefox 3 has a simple method to restore all default settings back without uninstalling the software.
Reset Firefox to default settings

3 comments:

  1. Gran says:

    good to know, Floyd! thanks.

  1. Floyd says:

    Thanks for dropping over gran,,it worked perfect for me.

  1. Brian says:

    broken link?