On my blog follower widget is breaking IE-8

Posted: 6/07/2009 by Floyd in Labels:
6

I might have found what is causing the mission aborted statement at least on my blog it is the followers widget, when I took it off the blog then IE loaded without crashing, but I kind of like the widget and Firefox has no problems so lets let it ride shall we.

I tested it three times and every time I added the widget IE-8 just goes to hell on it so that is what is doing it on my blog and now the question is why don't someone fix it? It does not happen in Firefox only in IE, well just touching base on why the page is locking up and shutting down in IE, if it does check the follower widget.

6 comments:

  1. Gran says:

    I like the followers widget also, Floyd! Nice theme.

  1. Floyd says:

    Hello my friend, the best someone can do in my opinion is never use IE-8, or at least till someone can fix the thing maybe they can hire folks from Firefox to show them how,lol.

  1. Mama Kat says:

    I took the followers widget off and it ran great and then a couple days later put it back on without any problems. It seems to be a fleeting problem...but comes back every once in awhile. I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually...perhaps hiring a firefox employee isn't such a bad idea...

  1. Floyd says:

    Glad to hear from you mama kat,good info to, I might try it and see if it works for me I mean I use Firefox and I run Linux quite a bit to but just want to work for everyone I can, I will try your approach and see if it corrects my problem thanks for stopping over and don't be a stranger.

  1. Cindy says:

    Hi! Just stumbled upon your site. I had the same problem and it's definitely the widget. I suggest removing it until Blogger confirms they have fixed the problem. And of course.... there's always Firefox:)))

  1. Floyd says:

    Hello Cindy nice to hear from you, yep I use firefox while I am running Linux and on windows also. I was thinking there are a lot out there they get a computer and just start using this IE because of it's there on their machine and never think about it. And I try and make it IE friendly because of this, IE just posed to many problems for me it will start breaking on some pages right out of the blue, it looks like Microsoft could come up with something a little better. Hey thanks for dropping by and visiting do come back again.