How I got rid of Grub and booted straight back to Vista

Posted: 3/21/2009 by Floyd in Labels: ,
2

Let me say right off that this worked for me that is all I know, I don't think it worked before but I could have done something wrong then. I was running Suse Linux at this time and decided to try and go back to the vista loader and get rid of grub anyone who has done this knows it is not an easy task to do.

First I booted from grub back to windows so when windows started I clicked on the start icon and right click computer and clicked manage. You will get the little do you want to continue and just click OK, once the window opens click on disk management. I have two drives, but Linux was installed on my first drive next to windows, first thing I did was click C drive which is windows I right clicked that and chose active, it gave me a window about some warning anyway I just clicked OK and now I have c drive active.

I then right clicked my Linux partitions I had 3 of them and deleted them then I deleted the partition,,lastly I right clicked the c drive again and choose extend partition after that I just had my normal c drive and recovery,,remember at the start I had made c drive active. Anyway I got my disks ready for the new install but I clicked restart and I got the vista boot loader and booted into windows just like grub never existed, this worked for me but have the disks ready for the install in case it does not work for you,,,good luck, first time I ever managed to get rid of grub and boot directly back to windows boot loader.

2 comments:

  1. Gran says:

    Hey Floyd, you are a genius!

  1. Floyd says:

    Hello my friend Beth,,not really, but I try quite a few things and kind of blog on the ones that work and hopefully others can benefit from these alsom,,,p.s,,thanks for the compliment friend.