8 dead in shooting rampage at N. Carolina nursing home | Philadelphia Inquirer | 03/30/2009

Posted: 3/30/2009 by Floyd in Labels:
2

Just the other night I posted about nursing homes and about my Mother being in one and how hard it is on the family members involved and while reading some news I came across this article in the Philadelphia Inquirer;

CARTHAGE, N.C. - Ellery Chishole could only bury her face in her shirt as a man barged into her room at a North Carolina nursing home - hiding from what he might do, frantically telling her teenage granddaughter by phone that a man with a "deer gun" was "up here shooting."

Beverly McNeill said Chishole, her mother, was spared from the lone gunman's rampage without explanation. But authorities said Robert Stewart, 45, killed seven elderly residents and a nurse, and wounded three others. The slaughter finally ended when a young police officer wounded Stewart.

The officer "acted in nothing short of a heroic way today, and but for his actions, we certainly could have had a worse tragedy," said Moore County District Attorney Maureen Krueger.

By late yesterday, Krueger had charged Stewart, 45, of Moore County, with eight counts of first-degree murder and a single charge of felony assault of a law enforcement officer. Authorities offered few other details, saying only that Stewart was not a patient or employee and wasn't believed to be related to any of the victims.

So from what I am getting from this is that the guy was just someone who did not need on the streets in the first place, no motive apparently for the shooting. Probably some guy just trying to make a name for himself, it is sad and very sad that this goes on my prayers are with the family and hope they make it through this because there really is no answer for this or why it should have happened.

8 dead in shooting rampage at N. Carolina nursing home | Philadelphia Inquirer | 03/30/2009

2 comments:

  1. graciela says:

    I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Joannah

    http://windscreensite.com

  1. Floyd says:

    Hello Joannah and thanks for the link,,I will visit your blog also. Thanks for reading and comment any time you are welcome here.