PROVANTAGE: OCZ Technology OCZ2G8008GQ DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz 8GB Quad Kit

Posted: 1/10/2009 by Floyd in Labels:
2

When I got this new vista for Christmas it came with 4GB of memory,which is not bad at all to run vista,it is an HP a6620f PC with a dual core Intel Pentium processor. Well why not why I am at it just get more memory it seems you can never have enough right?

 

So here is 8GB OCZ for $112.57, so today it arrived and I switched out the memory and put in this OCZ, what a difference this made this thing now is screaming fast. I have heard a lot of talk around the net about vista and frankly it scared me,but after I got it the machine has performed very well for me.

 

The indexing system and a lot of other features can be turned off in the services or through windows defender you can disable what you don't need,I am rather careful about disabling things myself,because some things hurt worse than help,if you go over and get this memory you won't have worry about disabling nothing really cause it going to scream along.

 

I have been running this machine for over a month now and am very pleased with the performance of it, never tried much out on it but it runs quiet and smooth and very quick start-up on windows also but it also has sp1 on it. Getting back to the indexing you can go to indexing options and allow it to index only what you want it to or you can disable the service entirely in services,anyway I put in the new memory and it came on and showed me the 8GB no problem so if anyone has this computer out there it comes with 4 slots of 1024,,can upgrade to this one with ease, I myself have been known to get the wrong memory but if you running this machine you can't go wrong OCZ is an excellent choice.

PROVANTAGE: OCZ Technology OCZ2G8008GQ DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz 8GB Quad Kit

2 comments:

  1. Gran says:

    I'm glad you are enjoying your new computer, and glad it's fast! I still prefer XP, but have gotten used to VISTA.

  1. Floyd says:

    I figured out one thing gran you must have a lot of memory to run this vista and with out a lot it does not run well.