Blog This in Windows Live Writer :: Firefox Add-ons

Posted: 1/04/2009 by Floyd in Labels:
4

Well, finally an add-on from the fox for Live Writer, adds a little pen to click on by your search box , it is experimental but it works great. I mean it does for me but it is an experimental add-on I wan to stress that but when I clicked on it, it opened up Live Writer just like magic. I had installed the real Live Writer add-on from Microsoft that had not been updated yet but was able to get to work in XP because I altered the file, the rdf file.

Well I just got tired of messing with that in vista I tried everything from take ownership of the file to assigning new security measures to it but nothing worked so I stumble on to this new add-on from firefox and so far it works real good, just thought I would pass it along because there is a lot of us that like Live Writer but don't like Internet Explorer, so go over and give it a try hope it works for you as well as it does me.

 

 Blog This in Windows Live Writer :: Firefox Add-ons

4 comments:

  1. Gran says:

    I'm not using Live Writer anymore, I'm not sure why really. I prefer the 'Blog This' button on my Firefox toolbar. Maybe I'm just lazy :)

  1. Floyd says:

    Yep I use that one sometimes myself, the reason I use writer is because of the plug-ins you can quickly get a photo off of flikr or picasa and add it to your post. Glad to see you gran, read a few posts down if you need storage place on line you can get up to 250GB of storage for free. Save photos or your favorite programs on your computer in case of a big crash. It has to do with the environment, so go green a little and get some free storage until the year 2038, I got 250GB hey that is a hard drive.

  1. It's a nice plug-in, but seems to defeat the purpose a bit. If you are going to blog inside of Firefox, try Firebug plug-in. More robust and frequent updates and fixes.

  1. Floyd says:

    Thanks for the in-put articllama,,I have not tried that one yet but I will give it a go.