Political Memo - Obama’s Talk With Clinton Starts Buzz - NYTimes.com

Posted: 11/15/2008 by Floyd in Labels:
2

Advisers to the onetime rivals for the Democratic nomination confirmed Friday that President-elect Barack Obama had met with Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday afternoon at Mr. Obama’s transition office in Chicago and discussed the secretary of state job.

I was thinking to myself that Hillary might play a role in the administration of Barack Obama and this about confirms it for me, although really I thought the secretary of state job would go to Dick Luger of Indiana a ranking Republican who works well with Obama, but, who knows maybe he did not want the job?

I believe Hillary would do a good job as secretary of state a real good job, I guess the waiting game begins now but whatever they must act swiftly to get things ironed out and of course the economy is number one on all lists. The article also mentions some pitfalls to Obama and Clinton and eludes to a rivalry between the two, but watching most of this campaign I can't see that after Barack got the nomination, Hillary campaigned in Kentucky for Obama and so did Bill and elsewhere also so to me if they were strong feelings I believe they are past that now.Eye-rolling

Political Memo - Obama’s Talk With Clinton Starts Buzz - NYTimes.com

2 comments:

  1. Gran says:

    I hope they are past it, and ready to work together. I think Hillary would be a great secretary of State, if she wants the job.

  1. Floyd says:

    Me to I think that also and I do believe they are past everything or it sure seems that way,thanks for dropping by.