Pinay girl writes to Obama, gets response | The Philippine Star - News - News Feature

Posted: 11/09/2008 by Floyd in Labels:
3

And I thought they just threw all these letters away, it is nice to read a response came back on the little girls letter makes me think they are listening a little, great story;

Eight-year-old Fil-Am Karina Encarnacion recommended a dog that president-elect Barack Obama should get for his daughters, and in return got “three bits of advice that will make your life more fulfilling.”

Karina sent Obama a two-page handwritten letter in September, and suggested a Coton de Tulear, a small Bichon-type dog named after the city in Madagascar, for its soft cottony coat, noting that “they do not shed, they are very lovable, small and very soft.” She said she has one, named Murphy, who “is very smart and sweet.”

Obama has promised his two daughters, Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7, that they can have a dog when they move in to the White House.

Pinay girl writes to Obama, gets response | The Philippine Star - News - News Feature

3 comments:

  1. Gran says:

    How cute!

  1. Floyd says:

    I am glad she got an answer, tells me they don't throw all these letters in the trash. Glad to hear from you also Beth, I am having trouble with blogger it seems I can't embed comments below post now.

  1. Gran says:

    Yeah, I took the embed option off my blog also.