Free security software,Avast and AVG also Avira

Posted: 8/20/2008 by Floyd in Labels:
4

avast! antivirus Home Edition is available free of charge for non-commercial home use ONLY. You can find more detailed information about the product here. If you are not a home user or if you use your computer for business purposes, avast! Home Edition is not licensed  for such use. Instead, we offer a wide range of more suitable products which provide higher data security for commercial use, starting with avast! Professional Edition.
It does require you register for the software and it gives you a key,but it is rather easy to set up and seems to do very well, I will let you know if I get a virus,LOl..I did get one about a year and a half ago but do you know what I was using? Norton, so if this one is free why not give it a shot,AVG is also free but this one has a nice sleek interface. I have Windows Defender from Microsoft another neat little free program for spyware.
AVG is a good one also, I know a computer guy who repairs my computer when it needs it and he has used AVG for over two years without any problems at all,so AVG is another good free one. Here lately the good ones are getting more and more expensive,,O.K want me now to list the best? This is it but it costs a little money,,Kapersky is what you need,,the anti virus is $59.95 and the Internet Security is $79.95,,you can download a free trial of this to use for 30 days and try it out,,I will probably end up getting this one,but if you are pressed for money the two I mentioned above work quite well.
Windows Defender works well with all of these I mentioned,so get it just for some extra protection on prevention of spyware. I believe it to be a good prevenative and have used it for a while so I can say without any problems,,although I am using Avast,I hav also used AVG and have used Windows Defender with each of these with no problems so far.
 Update;
Avira is another free one out there but I am unfamiliar with this one compared with the other 2, you can check it out at; http://www.free-av.de/de/download/1/download_avira_antivir_personal__free_antivirus.html
Support for Avira here; http://www.free-av.de/de/support/index.html

Support for Avast tells about configuring proxy for web shield,,etc.
http://support.avast.com/
Free virus removal tool; http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-virus-cleaner.html

Support for AVG
http://www.grisoft.com/ww.support

avast! 4 Home Edition - FREE antivirus software - Download

4 comments:

  1. Jim says:

    How are you doing, Floyd ? Several years ago I had to reimage my Toshiba because something got on to to it that prevented me from starting Windows. So my computer guy at work recommended AVG. For years now, I've had no problems. AVG runs in the background. It does use a little memory, but I've been pleased.

  1. Floyd says:

    Thanks for commenting my friend I am doing fairly well these days,hope you are doing well. Glad you gave the feedback so for years you've counted on AVG that is saying a lot,because if it's free and does a good job then it is worth doing and it sure beats paying about $80,the computer guy I know told me the same thing,i believe I will give it a try also.

  1. Jim says:

    AVG is one of those programs that will sell you a complete, premium version but gives you a great free one.That free one scans, removes, and warns you about viruses, spyware, and bad pages you might happen upon, so I'm pleased with the free software. The only catch is: I'm not certain that it works with Vista. I still use XP, and I don't intend to switch unless Microsoft's planned obsolescence forces me to switch.

  1. Floyd says:

    That's what I'm running Jim, XP windows. About a month ago I burned the power supply in this one and so I took it to the computer guy to fix and went and bought a new one running Vista. I did not like it,it was slower than this computer for one thing and I noticed a bunch of junk on it that was just taking up room basically. I noticed that Wal-Mart had a new XP but it was an e-machine,I don't know to much about this brand? But nayway it was still XP for 1/2 the price of the other one.

    The next major one coming out I believe will be windows 7, I will wait and see if it is any better than vista and might give it a try,this one I have generally leave on 24 hours a day it is a HP Pavilion running XP,this one has done a good job in the years I have had it I would probably buy another one of these.