Firewall 3.0 for Computer Security Testing C-O-M-O-D-O Firewall and Avira AntiVir free

Posted: 8/22/2008 by Floyd in Labels:
0

Well let's test it and see what happens the program is free and it set up fairly easy on my PC,I have become paranoid since junk hijacked IE last year and have switched my security from what I was using to a free version,,I have also installed Windows Defender on my computer and I have Avira free home edition as well,in head to head tests Avira seems to be the better choice so I settled down with it for a while and see how it performs. In firewalls the c-o-m-o-d-o firewall seems to come out on top in individual tests so I am going to try it and see how it does.
It is hard to believe that some of the free stuff might do as well or better than the paid stuff,I had the paid stuff and was still attacked. The only way to give anything a fair test is to go ahead and use it and see how it performs for you. Comodo has also a high rating from PC Magazine this article is a couple years old but received very good marks from them. Here is a test you can also download to see how the firewall is performing for you, Avira came out also at 100% in the PC-defense test,after my brush with disaster I decided to go another way and as others have said there are great defenses out there that are free to use.
 Here is another free one to check out called Rising Antivirus,this one I have never tried so I can't tell you anything about it except it gets great reviews.
related article in this blog; Free security software,Avast,AVG and Avira
Five antivirus programs ace the PC-defense test
By Mark Joseph Edwards
Avira Antivir and four commercial programs come out on top in tests of 37 antivirus packages.
Firewall 3.0 for Computer Security - Overview

0 comments: