Blogger: Import Page Element,an irritating problem

Posted: 8/20/2008 by Floyd in Labels:
6

Blogger is having a serious problem I don't know how long it will last but this is it,when you try to import a widget in blogger like before it gives an error page. When you are about to import you will come to this page;
Blogger- Import Page Element_1219287280006
O.K The next photo is what you get if you click on ADD WIDGET;
Blogger- Error performing your request_1219287487743
Here is some of what the error says;

We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.

When reporting this error to Blogger Support or on the Blogger Help Group, please:
  • Describe what you were doing when you got this error.
  • Provide the following error code and additional information.
Hogwash come on blogger grab a handle on this but, in the meantime do not click on ADD WIDGET which will only bring you to this error. What you need to do is click on Edit Content,this will bring up a box with some code in it,copy all of this code and go to your Layout page of your blog and add the content manually. I don't know how long it has been going on but I do know it is a problem this is a temporary work around fix for it.

6 comments:

  1. Gran says:

    This must be new, Floyd. I added a widget last week. How irritating.

  1. Floyd says:

    I have tried adding a widget the other day and kept getting this screen, so I thought it might be the widget? So I went to other sites and tried to add their widget just to check it out and it kept giving me the error screen, I have noticed something else lately about blogger,my recent comments won't load sometime so I am going to reinstall those,I have also had a problem with the Blog List feature from blogger,works good for me a few days then the links disappear? I am trying the link list now to see if it will hold?

    I downloaded these screen shots using firefox screengrab add on. This is the actual pages I got when trying to install a widget.

  1. Floyd says:

    Notice the recent comments in the side-bar half the time it won't load,I re-installed it and still having problems been going on the last few days,now it seems to not work at all?

  1. Floyd says:

    I switched to the feed comments but I don't like those it don't show enough of the comment.

  1. I have had the 'error' screen come up more than once in the past few days even when I was doing something I had done dozens of times before with no problem. Sometimes the change I was making went through anyway. A couple of times I had to go through the process again and it worked fine. I haven't had any problems with the widgets specifically.

  1. Floyd says:

    Hello baker glad to hear from you,really enjoy reading your posts on your blog. The problem seems to be happening when I try to import a widget from elsewhere, I found that Blogger Buster is having the same problems;
    Link to Problem as described by blogger buster,they have more photo's concerning the problem than I have.