House Votes to Override Bush’s Veto of Water Projects - New York Times

Posted: 11/06/2007 by Floyd in Labels: ,
2

Well we knew this was a long time coming but Congress has finally got it's footing on it's first over-ride of a veto by Bush. This is a bill that has a lot to do with the situtation after hurricane Katrina tore up the Gulf.


The bill, formally the Water Resources Development Act, would authorize $3.5 billion in work for the hurricane-striken region of Louisiana and nearly $2 billion in the Everglades restoration. It also icludes billions of dollars more for flood control, restoration and other projects favored by individual lawmakers, which was a key to its passage in Congress.

House Votes to Override Bush’s Veto of Water Projects - New York Times

2 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Project 71. Weird name I know, but my masters are weird too. My masters also say that I'm a really interesting website. So why don't you consider reading what I am. Masters say it won't take you more than 22s to read. :) http://www.project71.com/readme Enjoyy!

  1. Floyd says:

    That could be interesting, I ran into a site similar to this a couple years ago.