Blogger quick change style sheet

Posted: 9/25/2007 by Floyd in Labels:
6

This is how I did a quick change to blogger without messing around with the widgets, I simply left them in place,,,


What I did was just change the style sheet I changed everything above the

(/head)

and left the bottom part in place, never tested it with a 2 column only a 3 because that is what I had, this way you can retain all your widgets and change the whole look of your blog. Now if you have code like I do inside the style sheet you would of course have to add it back in, but it cuts down on the job so to speak. This expand post I got off of Google Blogger help Groups, the javascript goes just above the

(/head)

of your template and the two lines of code goes in the style sheet of your page. The last of the code could be put in your formatting, in blogger just click on settings and click on formatting go to the bottom and you will see a little window (post template) paste that code there and save, that way when you are posting you will always see it in the create post area, click on Edit Html in your create post area and you can see the code and where to write your post. Where you see the id_for_this_article what goes there is anything you want but only use it once, if you use it more than once, everywhere you used the same id it will open those up also. Do not try this unless you are comfortable, and if possible make a test blog somewhere and try whatever you want on it. One other thing you can make the show/hide this post anything you want and it will show up. Note where you see the id_for_this_article when you make your post you will see it where you want your summary to end and the hid part begin, then at the end where your show/hide is it will ask for it in this code, make sure both of those id's are the same and it should work. Other hacks on this blog (at this time) are from Hackosphere and Phydeaux3 their links can be found in the sidebar hacks and tech links.(Hakosphere is the comments and Phydeaux3 is the labels and archive calender hack.)



[+/-] show/hide This Post

6 comments:

  1. Carol says:

    Very interesting. I think that this is a good idea although you have to add this to each and every post that you want to hide/show and create an ID for each post...do I have that right?
    Thanks for sharing the info Floyd, I will play around with it later :)

  1. Floyd says:

    Yes any post you want to expand/collaspe the code will have to be added, with putting the code in the post template in your formatting area when you make a post you can automatically see it, for the javascript to work you have to have the id different in each post you do this to, however, all that means is this; If you make all the id the same then you have say 3 for instance like that then all 3 would open, if you could live with that just add an id like say 'me & blogger' then when they clicked the link all would come open. Thanks for coming by Carol, there are a lot of these hacks out there but some will mess up. If you get the hack from someone and their server gets an overload then the hack won't work, this one works individually on javascript. Hey try some of the ones they have going on out there, if you have a test blog then you have a perfect testing ground to do just about anything. There are many out there to keep us busy, thanks for dropping by and don't be a stranger and let me know if you find good stuff, I like toying around with this.

  1. Carol says:

    I did have a test blog but got pi**ed off working on something and deleted it (!) Guess I will have to set up another one. I like playing with this stuff too but get aggravated :P...I will let you know if I find anything good of course:) Check out myreviewsandfinds.blogspot.com and you might find some stuff there :)
    Hugs my friend,
    Carol

  1. Floyd says:

    Thanks Carol, I will check it out, I found this neat template while looking around and changed it a little. If you have a test blog or start one up, you can mess up and it won't matter. I saw a read more or expand post to post pages in blogger, but the read more link shows up on every post, hey thanks for dropping by and keep in touch.

  1. Great job, I just wish I had a clueas to how you did this.

  1. Floyd says:

    Glad you came over Larry, I just like messing around with this stuff but if I can help you I will sure try.