All it takes is tax money

Posted: 8/29/2007 by Floyd in Labels:
2

Lets look at a quick run-down put out in the Washington Post today of what this mess is costing us now,,first of all next month Bush is supposed to ask Congress for another $50 billion dollars, this is up and above the $460 billion in the 2008 defense budget and,,$147 billion in a supplemental bill to fund the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. That is about $657 billion dollars folks for defense and to fund these wars, this is about to the point where I think Congress should be voicing a much higher decibel to stop this mess. At this point I am disgusted with the Congress but I also know that the Republicans or most of them are upholding this escapade and are not open to any kind of timetable to end this thing, for many years I know we labeled the Dems as nothing more than 'tax and spend liberals' but are you ready? The Repugs have become like a hog under an acorn tree,,they never look up to see where the acorns come from,,uh, I might have lost you on that one but I don't want to beat up on all the Republicans I do respect the open-minded ones.
The Washington Post


Technorati Tags: , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

  1. The cost of the war in Iraq now exceeds $3 billion a week. As long as this man is in office and congress has no spine, he's going to continue to bankrupt this country with this made up war.

  1. Floyd says:

    You are so right my friend, bankrupt the country is right.