Tubby Smith leaves U.K

Posted: 3/22/2007 by Floyd in Labels:
3

The press probably already scooping this up but here goes,,Tubby Smith head coach of U.K has left that position. It looks as though he will be coach at Minnesota. Tubby has had some good years at U.K, the news actually broke about 2 P.M this evening.
I had heard a lot of talk about changes but had no idea the changes would come this swiftly, this evening Tubby boarded a plane in Lexington bound for Minnesota and did not give any interview, wow, talk about fast breaking news.

3 comments:

  1. Jim says:

    Howdy, Floyd. My son is a Gator sports fanatic and we're both sorry to see Tubby go. Always a worthy opponent.

  1. Jim says:

    I meant to brag that my son graduates with honors from University of Florida in May !

  1. Floyd says:

    Great to hear from you my friend, great to year your son graduates in May and with honors. Florida is one of the greats and the last few years they have doing a super job, I hope Tubby does great at Minnesota, I saw the interview and he seemed really up-beat about taking on the new challenge.

    I think Tubby did a great job for us here at U.K. And you know the fans were always behind him win or lose, he had a great career here with over 280 wins I believe. I think he will bring Minnesota up to par also.

    There has been a lot of buzz going on around here and Florida's coach has come up in that buzz, I hope at least it is someone like Billy, it will be hard to fill Tubby's shoe's .