Republicans Drop a Tax Plan After Businesses Protest - New York Times

Posted: 5/02/2006 by Floyd in Labels:
4

This article should have been entitled "the best government big oil can buy." Republicans cave in to big oil, with flip-flop Frist in the lead as big oil starts to flex its muscle. maybe the middle-class can get a few crumbs, we might manage to get a whole $100 for the high prices and I say "might", heck that would get us to work at least a week.
Republicans Drop a Tax Plan After Businesses Protest - New York Times

4 comments:

  1. Me and my girlfriend of five years got married last year. As a result our West Virginia state income taxes went up a hundred dollars.

    Does anybody think my state legislature or Governor Joe Manchin would give two shits if I went and complained to them about it? Of course, nothing means much to any of our politicians if you ain't an oil baron or a coal operator.

  1. Floyd says:

    Congrats on the wedding bud, yeah they keep touting this tax thing and it would be o.k if folks are above the $230,000 mark, but the cold hard facts is us in the middle are getting slaughtered.

  1. Elmo says:

    I so hope Frist tries to run for President. Oh, the comedy...

  1. Floyd says:

    Hi Elmo I have not heard from you in awhile, yeah if Frist should run I don't know how everyone feels but to me it would be a real funny joke. He is such a flip-flopper and spineless to boot.