Funeral protest/ACLU challenging Kentucky Funeral Protest Law

Posted: 5/09/2006 by Floyd in
2

Not real long ago I blogged about a funeral protest here in Kentucky concerning one of our soldiers killed there, I believe this is the cruelest kind of punishment a family could go through. The family is trying to bury a loved one that was killed and died for their country, these people are a bunch of fanatics that would even think of doing such a thing but it happened and personally I think that they are just somehow trying to get publicity. Anyway I just found were the ACLU is trying to challenge that law, and the case for it seems weak at best, the ACLU is claiming people could violate it by stopping to chat on the street? These protesters were carrying signs and talking loud trying to disrupt the funeral itself, these people need to read their bibles and see what Jesus taught and stood for and then maybe they could learn from him. I have said this time and again I just hate it when people hide behind religion to do works not pertaining to God, I found a few things for them to dwell upon;
Matthew 5/5; Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Matthew 5/9; Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Matthew 11/28-30; Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Ponder these few sayings for a while, I don't want to start talking about biblical history, but when I say I don't believe if a Roman got killed Jesus would be out there saying taunts like that is their just punishment or they got what they deserved, no,,no he would not.
WTOL-TV Toledo, OH: ACLU Challenges Kentucky's Funeral Protest Law

Within Reason

2 comments:

  1. Stef says:

    Sounds like the whackos from Westboro Baptist Church. Figures that the ACLU got involved. I live in Oklahoma and we have a funeral protection law too. Wonder if we're next. People who use the Scriputres to forward some sick agenda really frosts my ass.

    I'm here via BlogMad. Come visit some time... http://tanksgrrl.blogspot.com

  1. Floyd says:

    hi stef and thank you for your comment, yeah what gets me is the protesting of funerals and in particular military ones. It would take a bunch of nuts to protest any funeral really, thanks again and stop in anytime.