The United States Flag Issue

Posted: 4/13/2006 by Floyd in
0

As I surf the internet I have read a lot of blogs lately concerning the American flag,and a lot do prove interesting and some down right confusing,now I am not going to post the whole flag code because it is rather long,but what I will do is post some articles in it relating to what I have been reading.
Sec.3,article;(f) states;
When flags of states,cities,or localities,or pennants of societies are flown on the the same halyard with the flag of the United States,the later should always be at the peak . When the flags are flown from adjacent staffs,the flag of the United States should be hoisted first and lowered last. No such flag or pennant may be placed above the flag of the United States or to the United States Flags right.
article;(g) states;
When flags of two or more nations are displayed,they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace.
Sec.4,article;(a) states;
The flag should never be displayed with the Union down,except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
These few article's should cover what I have been reading lately over the internet,and now a dose of my personal opinion on the matter. We can not allow a bunch of thugs dictate what we stand for by their stupidity,this is one of the greatest educated societies in the world today and we should act in such a way. Flying the flag upside down with another flag of any kind over it is beyond my comprehension because I for one at least try and think rationally,whether we agree or not with what our country is or is not doing we must remember we are civilized and are educated in some of the finest Universities in the world,some things I have read that is going on shows a somewhat if you'll pardon me,a slight should we say mentality gap. But thank God that we live in a free democratic nation and we allow some to shall we say show off their high I.Q, we should never desecrate our flag but I do realize some might have an intelligence gap to others,and I know it is hard to ignore some things but we must try and try we will because we are Americans, and a lot of Americans have died in countless wars some have died carrying the stars and stripes and I would not do such a thing as demeaning our flag to try and get publicity or even to prove a point I would have respect for them for having the courage to stand up for this country and die on foreign soil.

0 comments: