Groups Sue to Stop Domestic Spying Program - Yahoo! News

Posted: 1/17/2006 by Floyd in
2

[At long last the ACLU has stood up for liberty and filed a lawsuit against the ILLEGAL wire taps of american citizens,Bush claims he had what amounts to unlimited powers ofter 9/11 to do as he seemed fit to do,however by doing so it has basically accomplished nothing but a lot of paper work for the FBI and a lot of dead end leads,but ahead of this he wishes to keep his new found power,they could have got the records form their local cell phone provider if they needed to anyway,I think this has already been proven. I think they are more concerned about where our wives do their hair at,or maybe it is about all you guys out there having phone sex? What was that the FBI said "it's their mess let them clean it up."Within reason: Spy Agency Data After Sept. 11 Led F.B.I. to Dead Ends - New York Times]

Read more at news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...


www.salon.com/opinion/f...


www.wired.com/news/wire...


en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G...

2 comments:

  1. Jim says:

    I don't think the FISA regulations were denying the NSA information. It's just that the law, put there to protect us all, required a court order after a 72 hour grace period. Thousands of these orders have been granted by FISA judges, with very,very few denied as I've read. What is so galling about this latest Republican scandal is that the President took a reasonable system that was working and ignored it, flaunting his own arrogant view of his office. No more checks and balances for him, see ?

  1. Floyd says:

    That is it exactly coldflame checks and balances,this we need in the balance of power so that power is not abused,yes indeed the FISA were not denying it,he only wanted to be the big wheel in charge kind of guy and that does not fit into the way this country is set up,I think now they are directing the feeding frenzy of the news to the mayor of New Orleans and to Mrs. Clinton,on her comment of the Republicans which to me is not off base I might add,I guess they are looking at anything to get the focus off the real issue at hand I mean you can only take I suppose a certain number of screw-ups at one time,the mess we are in right now is one of the biggest messes I've ever seen. And in closing I believe the best thing we can do is vote.