The other border

Posted: 12/18/2005 by Floyd in
3

Over the years as communisum seemed to be in it's last death throws there is one,yes one persistant state and that being Cuba or as I call it "Castro's country."Since the exodus has gone up in this fiscal year from last,I would conclude that things are getting worse in Cuba. This last little hold-out not more than about 90 miles from our coast has been a stigma in our eyes for years,I wonder after Fiedel is no more will the people come to thier senses and revolt? Many are making these home-made boats that are dangerous and endangering the lives of thier little children,things must be very decrepid to endanger not only your life but the lives of your children. The coast guard,still has my trust even though this article had me thinking a bit and I realise they can only do so much,this could eventually wind up like Mexico but there is a water barrier between us and Cuba so this crossing would be more dangerous. Noone enjoys living in a dictatorship but this one has seemed to survive the test of time. President Bush made his argument today about the Patriot Act and seemed to make a point,although I believe we should be concentrating on our border's and trying to make them more safe and secure. Cuba has painted itself more or less as a tourist meca,but its government has not changed much at all since Castro took power. It's sad to live in a country where you would rather take a chance in a home-made boat to escape than to live there,the exodus from Cuba is rising daily and do'nt see it becoming any less anytime soon. One more link.

3 comments:

  1. Jim says:

    Things are bad in Cuba. Incredibly, Fidel is trying to phase out the growing of sugar, one of their traditional exports.

  1. Floyd says:

    Hey Jim,do'nt be a stranger I was just
    checking out this new feed reader I found. I would say until they oust Castro they will always be living in the past.

  1. Jim says:

    I use Bloglines. It works great and I save a lot of time. Also, If you try out Flock, kind of an offshoot browser of Firefox, you can make almost any site a feed with one click in the URL line. Both are cool.